Thursday, April 29, 2010

My First Paper Bag Album

Made my first ever paper bag album. It was fun. This version is a waterfall album.
How I made it:
You need two paper bags. The ones I used were about 10.5 inches tall and 5.25 wide (closed). To save myself from math that would be too complicated I trimmed it to 10 inches.
Take the first bag and fold it so just the bottom of the bag is on top. This creates the front of the album (the part of mine that has the B and the car)and the back of the album (the part of mine that has the S). The front should measure about 3.5 inches.
The second bag gets folded so that the bottom of the bag stops an inch from the top of the bag (these are the pages that have the O and the Y on them). When you bind these together you should end up with each page after the cover being an inch longer than the one before it.
The last two pages (one is the back cover also) are the part of the bag that opens. I inserted additional pull out pages here (a total of four).
This was a really simply album to make and a lot of fun.
From Boys Paper Bag Album

From Boys Paper Bag Album

From Boys Paper Bag Album

From Boys Paper Bag Album

From Boys Paper Bag Album
Project Ingredients:
two paper bags
Crate Paper Zoom Collection (papers and rub ons)
brown ink
sewing machine (my little Janome Craft one did just fine)
K&Co chipboard letters

2 comments:

  1. i love it..sounds super easy to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love it, I'm gonna have to make one of these for sure:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...