Sunday, April 11, 2010

Prima Wall Art and MemoryWorks Express Kit

Got my April MemoryWorks Express Kit a few days a go. OHHHH....Prima Marketing paper from the Strawberry Kisses Collection. So pretty! I was having the hardest time figuring out how I would use it. I suppose I could have come up with a way to boy it up a bit...But I decided to make some wall art instead (our finally painted walls are screaming to be used).

I had a leftover piece of wood from a previous project. And luckily it was a square. So I sanded down the rough edges...trying to round off the corners a bit. Then I painted it with some brown paint. I only did the edges since the middle would be covered with paper.
Next I took this spongey block of sand paper and distressed it a bit.

I cut out 12 squares of paper from the Strawberry Kisses Collection and inked the edges. In the center I planned to put a bigger square and something (had not quite decided what yet) in the center of that.

Using Mod Podge I adhered the squares so the edges touched.

After adding one more square in the center, I coated the entire surface (only the paper part) with Mod Podge.

Once it was dry I used that spongey sanding block again to smooth it out and give it a bit of a distressed look.

Here is the finished project. I found this family quote which I printed out on solid cream cardstock (covered it with Mod Podge too). All I had to do was add a hook on the back. Viola! Wall Art for well under $10 dollars!!


Project Ingredients:
square piece of wood
sandpaper
brown paint
Mod Podge
Strawberry Kisses Collection papers - Prima Marketing
solid cardstock
brown ink





1 comment:

Talk to me...