Monday, August 24, 2009

Firsts and Candy Winner!!


I have wanted to get a craft sewing machine for a while. FINALLY...after two attempts (both had awful reviews)...I got a Janome Sew Mini. I had no idea we even had a Hancock Fabrics out here in Vegas. Practiced with it for a bit and then decided to take it for a spin on a layout.
I did my FIRST layout for Joshua. I used some paper that I have been saving for just this occasion...Baby Bee Collection by Crate Paper. Love it...it has a slight texture. I also used my stamps I got over at Papertrey Ink...finally!!! These Everyday Button Bits are so fricken cute. And how much easier is it to add stitching to your layout when you don't have to do it by hand??!! Can't wait to use it more!

This layout is also part of a challenge I am hosting over at Cafemom. I challenged everyone to do a Strip "tease". All of the paper used (besides the foundation piece and any mats) had to be in strips. I feel very productive!!



BTW...the Candy winner is ANGIE!! So congrats to you! I will get it in the mail to you as soon as I can. Thanks for all the comments ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...