Friday, February 19, 2010

Meal Planner Wall


This is the second version of my Meal Planner Wall. I really like this one. I found the most perfect paper for it. It was very easy to make. I bought a magnetic/dry erase board for about six bucks at WalMart and covered it with the paper (using magnets). I can change the paper if I want without anything ripping.
I had some magnetic backed paper that I cut into strips for the meals. I like that I can rearrange the meals without erasing and what not. The clipboards on wither side were altered to match using some more of the same paper. One clipboard is for my grocery list and one is for my WalMart/Costco list. The bookshelf under helps anchor it all. Originally that was not there...but it really made a difference. It also gives me a place to house my cookbooks and cooking magazines as well as my Recipe Nest (love that thing!). I got the Bon Apetit wall vinyl at Kohl's. I had a coupon and $10 in Kohl's Cash. It ended up costing under $5.00. So...I figure this project cost me well under $20 since a few items were repurposed. Not bad...and ever so functional!
Project Ingredients:
*Teresa Collins Haute Cuisine Collection* Inkjet Magnetic Sheets* magnets* magnetic/dry erase board* clipboards* brown paint* mod podge* adhesive runner* DCWV Bon Appetit*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...