Friday, February 27, 2009

Mini Notebook Tutorial

I was participating in a Secret Item Challenge in a scrap group I belong to and had to use some fiber and a clip. I made a notebook. This is a tutorial on how to make one (this is not the one from the challenge).

First you will need some solid cardstock. I used white...but any light color would work (you want to be able to write in your little notebook!!).

Cut 10-12 sheets so they are 6 x 4.5 each. Then fold them all in half.



Next pick a piece of patterned cardstock. I used one that was double sided. Cut this piece to 6.5 x 4.5. You'll need to score it at 3 inches and 3.5 inches. This creates the spine of your notebook.



Put adhesive on the inside of your cover just on the 1/2 inch spine.



Then stack all your inner pages and place on the right side of the inside of the cover. Close the book...and press the adhesive so that the pages stick to it. Using coordinating string, fiber or skinny ribbon...you will bind the pages to the spine. Leave extra length at the top and go between the folds of each page...coming down to the bottom and around the back. Once you have done this to each page tie the two ends together at the top of your book. Embellish as you wish. I added a long piece of cardstock covered chipboard to use as a bookmark.

Have fun with this...and make sure to link me up if you make one. Who knows there may be a prize!!

If you don't have a blog...you can upload our pic to flickr or photobucket. Then just copy and paste that URL to Mr. Linky!


2 comments:

Talk to me...