Thursday, January 5, 2012

Need to Learn Your ABCs?? It's In The Bag!

I made a New Years Resolution to blog more.  Since this is a craft blog, that means crafting more too.  Pretty excited that I actually have a second project done and it is only January 5th!  Go, me!!
I had a hankering to make a paper bag album.  I love the crunchy noise they make.  But what to make it for or use it for or put in it???  I was doing some Kindergarten prep with Jake and decided an alphabet book would be an awesome project.  Josh could use it too.  And they would both enjoy the crunchy noise it makes when you turn the pages.
So here it is....and ABC Book.
First I folded the bags in half and creased the fold with a bone knife.  I opted to not stack them inside each other as I need to use several to fit the whole alphabet.  I didn't want that waterfall like edge from using too many.

To cover the pages I used several different sheets from various October Afternoon Collections....Fly a Kite, Seaside, Daydream, 5 & Dime, Sidewalks, Schoolhouse and a shape sticker sheet from the Report Card Collection.

lots of crunchy goodness


wrong haircolor but so reminds me of my boys when they read
I have three boys.  They are a serious demolition crew...so I went with a worn and torn look.  Each 5 x 5 sheet I cut was distressed on the edges and then crumpled up and re-flattened.  Fun.
For the letters I used some Core'dinations cardstock and my Silhouette.  I sanded the letters and adhered them in the book.
oh..Lean Cuisine is on sale and I have coupons!

I had bigger visions for this album...pull out tags since the bag has a premade pocket...but then realized a 2 and 5 year old would be using it and kept it simple.  Pretty excited with the outcome.  It looks really cool.
Used my Cinch to punch holes in it but decided on two binder rings to hold it all together.






I foresee more of these albums being made.  Maybe a number one.






This was a true Scrap-ements projects.  Fifteen minutes here, fifteen minutes there over the course of two days.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love it. You are so creative and where oh where do you find the time? I'm sure the boys are going to love this, and they may even learn a thing or two. Don't forget those Lean Cuisine coupons. You're too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! You can always change the haircolor too.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...